Another day of minor league action is in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Space Cowboys (3-4)
Game 1 – lost 4-0 (BOX SCORE)
Murray made his second appearance of the season for Sugar Land and allowed 2 runs over 4 innings of work. He was relieved by Mushinski who was charged with 2 runs and only recorded two outs. The Space Cowboys’ offense struggled to get anything going picking up just 2 hits in the game one loss.
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 1-for-2, 2B, BB
- Bligh Madris, DH: 1-for-3
- Jayden Murray, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Parker Mushinski, LHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
Game 2 – lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Bielak started for Sugar Land and after allowing 2 runs in the first, he ended up going 5 innings allowing just those two runs with 5 strikeouts. The offense got 2 runs in the bottom of the first on Madris and Lee RBI singles. Endersby relieved Bielak and went 2 innings allowing 1 run. The Sugar Land offense put two on in the bottom of the 7th but were unable to score as they dropped game 2, 3-2.
- Rylan Bannon, 2B: 1-for-2, R, 2 BB
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Pedro Leon, CF: 2-for-4
- Bligh Madris, RF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Korey Lee, DH: 2-for-3, RBI
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Jimmy Endersby, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (0-1)
Game 1 – lost 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
Gordon started game 1 for the Hooks but struggled a bit as he allowed 5 runs over 3.1 innings. While the offense picked up five hits, including doubles from Whitcomb and Stevens, they were unable to scratch across any runs as the Hooks fell 5-0 in Game 1.
- Zach Daniels, DH: 1-for-3
- Shay Whitcomb, 3B: 1-for-3, 2B
- Luis Santana, 2B: 1-for-3
- Chad Stevens, SS: 1-for-2, 2B
- Colton Gordon, LHP: 3.1 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Derek West, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Cesar Gomez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
Game 2 – lost 9-8 (BOX SCORE)
Kouba got the start in game two and was solid allowing 2 runs, 1 earned, over 3.2 innings with 5 strikeouts. The offense got on the board in the 3rd scoring 5 runs on a Daniels RBI double, run scoring on a wild pitch, a Barber RBI single and a Schreiber 2 run HR. The wheels came off for the pen in the 6th as Brown allowed 7 runs, 4 earned, while retiring just two batters as the Hooks fell behind 9-5. In the bottom of the 7th, Schreiber connected on a 3 run shot to make it 9-8 but that would be it from the offense.
- Jordan Brewer, CF: 1-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Alex McKenna, DH: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB, SB
- Zach Daniels, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2 2B, RBI
- Colin Barber, LF: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- C.J. Stubbs, C: 0-for-2, R, BB, SB
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 5 RBI
- Shay Whitcomb, SS: 1-for-3, 2B, BB, 2 SB
- Chad Stevens, 2B: 0-for-2, BB, SB
- Rhett Kouba, RHP: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Matt Ruppenthal, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Tyler Brown, RHP: 0.2 IP, 4 H, 7 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Jonathan Sprinkle, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (0-1) POSTPONED
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (0-0) POSTPONED
Today’s minor league starters:
SL: Misael Tamarez – 2:05 CT
FV: Nolan DeVos – 1:05 CT
Be sure to follow on Twitter, @AstrosFuture, follow me on Instagram, @AstrosFuture and like my Facebook page, facebook.com/AstrosFuture.