Another day of minor league action is in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Space Cowboys (8-14) lost 13-4 (BOX SCORE)
Endersby started for Sugar Land but failed to get out of the second inning allowing 6 runs in the inning. The offense slowly chipped away getting a run in the 3rd on a Lee RBI double, Kessinger RBI single in the 4th and a run in the 5th as well. The bullpen struggled as well allowing 7 runs as the Aces put this one out of reach and won 13-4.
Note: Kessinger has a .839 OPS this season.
- Dixon Machado, 2B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Korey Lee, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 1-for-4, R
- Joe Perez, 3B: 1-for-3, BB
- Justin Dirden, CF: 1-for-2, 2B, 2 BB
- Grae Kessinger, SS: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Luke Berryhill, C: 1-for-4, R, 3B
- Jimmy Endersby, RHP: 1.2 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Matt Gage, LHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 1.0 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (5-11) won 7-6 (BOX SCORE)
Robaina started for the Hooks and went 4 innings allowing 2 runs. The Hooks got on the board in the 2nd on a Stubbs groundout. In the 4th, they got 2 more on a McKenna 2 run HR. The Hooks expanded their lead with 3 runs in the 8th on a wild pitch, Corona sac fly, and Loperfido RBI single. They got one more in the 9th on a Hamilton sac fly and while the RockHounds made it close in the 9th, Gomez was able to hold on for the save.
Note: Corona has a 1.003 OPS in Double-A.
- Quincy Hamilton, DH: 0-for-3, R, RBI, 2 BB
- Kenedy Corona, CF: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI, SB
- Joey Loperfido, 2B: 2-for-5, RBI, BB
- Shay Whitcomb, 3B: 2-for-5, R, 2B, SB
- Colin Barber, RF: 2-for-4, 2B
- C.J. Stubbs, 1B: 1-for-3, 3 R, RBI, BB, SB
- Alex McKenna, LF: 2-for-3, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Julio Robaina, LHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Spencer Arrighetti, RHP: 4.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Cesar Gomez, RHP: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K (SAVE)
A+: Asheville Tourists (7-9)
Game 1 – won 7-2 (BOX SCORE)
Asheville got on the board in the 2nd inning on a Kato RBI groundout. They got 2 more runs in the 3rd on a Borden 2 run double. Plumlee started for Asheville and pitched well allowing 1 run over 5 innings while striking out 9. The offense added to their lead with 4 runs in the 6th on a Gilbert 3 run triple and Palma RBI single. Ford closed it out allowing 1 run over the final 2 innings.
Note: Plumlee has 19 K in 12 innings this season.
- Logan Cerny, CF: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Drew Gilbert, RF: 1-for-5, R, 3B, 3 RBI
- Miguel Palma, C: 1-for-2, R, RBI, 2 BB
- Freudis Nova, SS: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Zach Dezenzo, 3B: 0-for-1, 2 R, 3 BB
- Tim Borden, 2B: 1-for-3, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Collin Price, 1B: 1-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Kobe Kato, LF: 0-for-2, R, RBI, 2 BB
- Peyton Plumlee, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K (WIN)
- Kasey Ford, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
Game 2 – lost 7-5 (BOX SCORE)
Bellozo started game 2 and allowed 2 runs over 3.1 innings. Sacco put the Tourists on the board in the 2nd with an RBI single. They got another run in the 4th on a Nova solo HR. The Hot Rods took the lead with 2 runs off of VanWey in the 5th but the Tourists responded with a Wrobleski RBI double in the 5th and 2 runs on Price and Kato RBI singles to take the lead. The bullpen was unable to hold the lead ad the Hot Rods got 3 in the 7th and went on to win 7-5.
Note: Dezenzo is hitting .362 this season.
- Zach Dezenzo, 2B: 2-for-4, R
- Ryan Wrobleski, RF: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Freudis Nova, 3B: 1-for-3, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Justin Williams, 1B: 1-for-3, R, 2B
- Tommy Sacco, DH: 1-for-2, RBI, BB
- Collin Price, C: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Kobe Kato, LF: 1-for-3, RBI
- Valente Bellozo, RHP: 3.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
- Logan VanWey, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Zack Matthews, RHP: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Jacob DeLabio, RHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (8-) lost 8-5 (BOX SCORE)
Fleury started for the Woodpeckers and allowed 2 runs on 1 hit over 3.1 innings. Clifford put the Woodpeckers on the board with a 2 run HR in the 5th inning. The offense took the lead with 3 runs in the 7th on a balk and Cole 2 run single. Santa tried to close it out but struggled allowing 5 runs in the 8th as the Wood Ducks went on to win 8-5.
Note: Cole has 14 RBI in 15 games this season.
- Ryan Clifford, LF: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Narbe Cruz, 3B: 1-for-3, R, 2B, 2 BB
- Zach Cole, CF: 2-for-4, 2 RBI, BB
- Dauri Lorenzo, 2B: 1-for-4, R, SB
- Ricardo Balogh, 1B: 2-for-4, R
- Rolando Espinosa, RF: 1-for-3, 2B, BB
- Jose Fleury, RHP: 3.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 5 K
- Deury Carrasco, RHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Alimber Santa, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 6 BB, 3 K
Today’s minor league starters:
SL: Bryan Garcia– 8:05 CT
CC: TBD – 7:00 CT
AV: Alex Santos – 6:35 CT
FV: Jose Nodal – 6:05 CT
Be sure to follow on Twitter, @AstrosFuture, follow me on Instagram, @AstrosFuture and like my Facebook page, facebook.com/AstrosFuture.