Another day of minor league action is in the books. You can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Space Cowboys (48-58) won 12-11 (BOX SCORE)
Sugar Land got on the board in the first on a Brinson RBI single. Brinson added another RBI single in the 3rd. Despite falling behind, the offense picked up 4 runs in the 4th on a Diaz solo HR and Hensley 3 run HR. Endersby started and allowed 6 runs over 3.2 innings. Dirden picked up his first Triple-A hit in the 5th with an RBI double. He would also add an RBI double in the 7th. After falling behind in the 7th, Brinson connected on a 3 run HR to give Sugar Land the lead. Hensley added an insurance run in the 9th with an RBI single. Paredes allowed a run in the 9th but was able to hold on for the save.
Note: Hensley has 10 BB in 6 games in August.
- David Hensley, 2B: 2-for-3, 2 R, HR, 4 RBI, 3 BB, 3 SB
- Corey Julks, RF: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Lewis Brinson, CF: 3-for-6, R, HR, 5 RBI
- Yainer Diaz, C: 1-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Korey Lee, DH: 1-for-3, 3 R, 2 BB, SB
- Justin Dirden, LF: 3-for-5, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- Alex De Goti, DH: 0-for-2, 3 R, 3 BB
BALL WAS CRUSHED
📏 450 FTpic.twitter.com/S6IQclgqWH
— Astros Future (@AstrosFuture) August 10, 2022
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (47-56) lost 8-2 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks got on the board in the 3rd inning scoring 2 runs on an Adolph RBI single and bases loaded walk to McKenna. Deason got the start and pitched well until the 4th when he allowed 4 runs. The bullpen gave up a few more was Wichita added to their lead. The offense was unable to score again as they fell 9-2.
Note: Adolph has a .882 OPS in Double-A this season.
A+: Asheville Tourists (45-55) won 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
Taveras started for the Tourists and pitched really well tossing 5 scoreless innings with 5 strikeouts. Daniels put the offense on the board with a 2 run HR in the first inning. The offense added three more in the 5th with a Sandle RBI single and Correa 2 run single. Palma added some insurance with an RBI single in the 8th. Gaither closed it out allowing 2 runs in 4 innings as Asheville won 6-2.
Note: Corona is hitting .303 in High-A.
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (46-55) won 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
Miley started for the Woodpeckers and struck out 7 over 5 innings while allowing 2 runs. The offense picked up 3 in the 4th on a Cole bases loaded walk and McGowan 2 run double. After falling behind 4-3, Molina gave the Woodpeckers the lead with a 2 run HR in the 6th. Whitaker added a solo HR in the 7th inning. Swanson allowed 3 runs in relief but was able to hold on to pick up the win.
Note: Whitaker has 3 HR, 9 RBI in August.
- Tommy Sacco, 2B: 1-for-4, 2B, BB
- Drew Gilbert, CF: 0-for-4
- Collin Price, DH: 2-for-4, R
- Zach Dezenzo, 3B: 2-for-4, R
- Tyler Whitaker, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Zach Cole, LF: 0-for-2, RBI, 2 BB, 2 SB
- Garrett McGowan, 1B: 1-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Jose Alvarez, C: 1-for-4, R
- Leosdany Molina, SS: 2-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI