Astros Minor League Recap: July 19th, 2021
Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (37-28) lost 7-6 (BOX SCORE)
The Skeeters fell behind early as the Rodriguez allowed 4 runs in 4 innings of work. The Skeeters first run came in the 2nd on a Leon RBI groundout. In the 4th, Leon added an RBI single. The Skeeters got another run in the 5th on a Shaver solo HR. Raley and Martinez had scoreless outings in relief but Paredes allowed 2 runs as the Isotopes extended their lead to 6-3. In the 9th inning the Skeeters rallied for 3 runs on a Shaver RBI single, Meyers RBI single and Jones sac fly to tie it. The game went to extra innings and the Isotopes were able to walk it off in the 10th for the 7-6 win.
Note: Meyers is hitting .339 with 1.009 OPS this season.
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Brooks Raley, LHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Seth Martinez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Michael Kelly, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (30-37) won 8-1 (BOX SCORE)
Record got the start for the Hooks and was great tossing 5 scoreless innings with 5 strikeouts. The Hooks picked up their first run in the 2nd inning on a Kessinger RBI double. In the 6th, the Hooks blew it open scoring 6 runs on a Manea bases loaded walk, Schreiber grand slam and Julks RBI double. Schreiber added another HR in the 7th to make it 8-0. Brown closed out the game allowing 1 run over 4 innings of work.
Note: Schreiber has 13 HR, 43 RBI in 53 games this season.
- Aledmys Diaz, DH: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Joe Perez, 3B: 2-for-5, R
- Norel Gonzalez, 1B: 1-for-4, R, BB
- David Hensley, 2B: 1-for-5, R
- Scott Manea, C: 0-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Scott Schreiber, LF: 3-for-4, 3 R, 2 HR, 5 RBI
- Chandler Taylor, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Corey Julks, CF: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- Grae Kessinger, SS: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
A+: Asheville Tourists (28-37) lost 15-2 (BOX SCORE)
Brown started for the Tourists and got roughed up allowing 9 runs in 5.1 innings. He was relieved by Moclair who allowed 6 runs while retiring just 1 batter. Sprinkle tossed 2.1 scoreless in relief striking out 5. The Tourists first run came in the 7th on an Arias RBI single. Orr added a solo HR in the 9th but that was it as the Tourists fell 15-2.
Note: Whitcomb has 4 2B, 5 HR in 14 games in High-A.
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (29-37) lost 10-8 (BOX SCORE)
Santos started for the Woodpeckers and went 4 innings allowing 3 runs with 4 strikeouts. Dirden put Fayetteville on the board in the first with a 2 run HR. Rodriguez added an RBI single in the 3rd to tie it at 3. In the 4th, they got 2 more runs on a Gonzalez 2 run single. The Woodpeckers added onto the lead in the 5th scoring 3 runs on a Mascai RBI triple, Corona RBI single, and Guerrero RBI double. Taveras relieved Santos and struggled allowing 7 runs in 3.2 innings as the Cannon Ballers retook the lead. The Woodpeckers were unable to come back.
Note: Urdaneta has 21 SB this season.
- Cristian Gonzalez, SS: 2-for-5, R, 2 RBI
- Justin Dirden, CF: 1-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Jordan Brewer, LF: 0-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Nerio Rodriguez, DH: 1-for-4, R, RBI BB
- Ronaldo Urdaneta, 3B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, SB
- Victor Mascai, 1B: 1-for-3, 2 R, 3B, RBI, BB
- Kenedy Corona, RF: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Luis Guerrero, 2B: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB