Astros Minor League Recap: May 30th, 2017
Another day of baseball in the books. See how the teams and prospects performed in their games last night.
AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (23-30) won 8-3 (BOX SCORE)
Fresno got off to a good start last night when Fisher connected on a 2 run HR in the first inning, his 13th HR of the season. Fisher has now homered in 3 consecutive games. Hauschild was on the mound to start last night and turned in a quality start allowing just 2 runs over 6 innings. Fresno would get another run in the 2nd inning on a Tucker solo HR.
Kemp played add on in the 5th with an RBI single to score the 4th run. Kemp’s hot night continued in the 7th with an RBI triple, and he later scored on a White RBI single. In the 8th inning, Tucker connected on another HR, this time a 2 run shot. Tucker how has 10 HR in 47 games. The bullpen was solid with Comer, Diaz, and Perez all tossing scoreless outings.
Note: Fisher is hitting .375 with 3 HR, 9 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI
- Tyler White, SS: 1-for-4, RBI, BB
- Derek Fisher, CF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Colin Moran, 3B: 1-for-4, R
- Preston Tucker, LF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Juan Centeno, DH: 2-for-4
- Max Stassi, C: 1-for-2, 2 R, 2B, 2 BB
- Mike Hauschild, RHP: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Kevin Comer, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Dayan Diaz, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Tyson Perez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (26-24) lost 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Tucker and Martin made their AA debuts last night. Corpus got on the board twice in the second inning on a Mayfield RBI double and a HBP with the bases loaded for Ferguson. Emanuel got the start and was solid allowing 2 runs over 5 innings. Corpus took the lead 3-2 in the 6th on a Davis solo HR, his 12th HR of the season. Springfield tied the game up in the 7th with a run and walked off with an RBI single in the bottom of the 9th. Tucker picked up a single in his debut and Martin drew a walk.
Note: Stubbs is hitting .303 with 8 BB/6 SO over his last 10 games.
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 0-for-3, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, DH: 1-for-4
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Jon Singleton, 1B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 2-for-4, R
- Jack Mayfield, SS: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Jason Martin, LF: 0-for-2, BB
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Jacob Dorris, RHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (30-22) OFF
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (26-24) won 8-2 (BOX SCORE)
Quad Cities got on the board early on an RBI single by Almonte in the first inning. In the 4th inning, the River Bandits got another run on an RBI single from Duarte. Quad Cities added 4 more runs in a big 5th inning thanks to a Dawson RBI double, Jones 2 run single, and Duarte RBI double.
Sanabria got the start and was dominant early going 6 no-hit innings. He ended up allowing 2 runs in the 7th but still struck out 7 over 6.2 innings. Alvarez picked up 3 hits bringing his season average to .380. Dawson also had a good game with 3 hits and Almonte had two hits bringing his average to .325 this season.
Note: Alvarez is hitting .405 over his last 10 games.
- Carmen Benedetti, DH: 1-for-4, 2 BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- Marcos Almonte, 2B: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Ronnie Dawson, RF: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B, RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, SS: 2-for-6, 2B, 2 RBI
- Daz Cameron, CF: 1-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-5, R, 2 RBI
- Wander Franco, 3B: 1-for-5, RBI
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 6.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Abdiel Saldana, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Lucas Williams, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Rogelio Armenteros (1.08 ERA)
**Photo Credit: Kiel Maddox/Fresno Grizzlies**