Astros Minor League Recap: June 5th, 2019
Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (35-24) won 11-5 (BOX SCORE)
Bostick got the start for the Express and turned in a quality start allowing 3 runs over 6 innings of work. The Express bats came out firing. They scored one in the first on an Alvarez RBI single. In the 2nd they picked up 2 more runs on a Rojas sac fly and Ferguson RBI double. They added on 3 more in the 3rd on a Reed RBI double, Sierra RBI single, and a run scoring on an error. They weren’t done yet as they got a Rojas RBI double in the 5th and a Jones RBI single and Reed sac fly in the 6th. Tanielu capped off the game with a solo HR in the 7th and another solo HR in the 9th. Hartman closed it out allowing 2 runs in 3 innings.
Note: Rojas is hitting .333 with 4 2B, 4 SB in 7 AAA games.
- Joshua Rojas, 2B: 1-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI, SB
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 2-for-5, R, 2B, RBI, SB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 0-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Yordan Alvarez, DH: 1-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Taylor Jones, LF: 3-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 2-for-3, 4 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 2-for-4, RBI, BB
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (29-29) lost 9-6 (BOX SCORE)
Midland scored 1 run in the first and then picked up another 3 in the 4th to take a 4-0 lead. LaRue got the start and gave up 4 runs, 3 earned over 5.2 innings. The Hooks rallied to score 4 in the bottom of the 4th on a Beer RBI single, Goetzman sac fly, and Canelon 2 run HR. The game made it to extra innings and DeJuneas relieved Bermudez with 2 on. He ended up allowing a 3 run HR and then a 2 run double as Midland took a 9-4 lead. The Hooks got an RBI groundout from Canelon and a Duarte RBI single but fell 9-6.
Note: Beer has 52 RBI in 54 games this season.
- Osvaldo Duarte, SS: 1-for-5, RBI
- Chas McCormick, CF: 2-for-5, R, 2 SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Seth Beer, 1B: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Granden Goetzman, RF: 0-for-3, R, RBI
- Carlos Canelon, DH: 1-for-4, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 5.2 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Hunter Martin, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Jonathan Bermudez, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 0.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
A+: Fayatteville Woodpeckers (25-33) OFF
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (35-20) lost 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
Rivera started for Quad Cities and got roughed up a bit allowing 5 runs in 3.2 innings. The Chiefs picked up another run to take a 6-0 lead. Adolph finally put the River Bandits on the board with a sac fly in the 6th to make it 6-1. The River Bandits picked up 1 in the 9th on a Marquez RBI groundout but lost 6-2.
Note: Ruppenthal has a 2.33 ERA with 45 K in 38.2 innings this season.
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-3, 2B, BB
- Michael Wielansky, 1B: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Trey Dawson, 3B: 1-for-3, BB
- Ross Adolph, CF: 2-for-3, R, 2B, RBI
- Jose Rivera, RHP: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Matt Ruppenthal, RHP: 3.1 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Riley Cabral, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: TBD – 9:05 PM CT
CC: TBD – 6:15 PM CT
FV: TBD – 5:35 PM CT
QC: Cody Deason (4.91 ERA) – 6:35 PM CT
**Photo Credit: Round Rock Express**