Astros Minor League Recap: June 10th, 2019
Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (38-26) lost 9-7 (BOX SCORE)
Bielak got the start and got roughed up a bit allowing 5 runs in 4.1 innings. Tanielu put the Express on the board with an RBI double in the 2nd. In the 3rd, they scored two more on a Tucker RBI double and Tanielu RBI single. Hartman relieved Bielak and allowed 4 runs in his 2.1 innings. The Express scored a couple more runs on a Reed HR and Sierra 2 run single but ended up losing 9-7.
Note: Jones is hitting .471 with has 2 HR, 12 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-5, R, 2B, RBI
- Joshua Rojas, 2B: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Taylor Jones, LF: 2-for-2, 2 R, 2B, RBI, 3 BB
- Nick Tanielu, DH: 1-for-5, 2B, RBI
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, 2 BB
- Anibal Sierra, 2B: 1-for-5, 2 RBI
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 4.1 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 5 BB, 7 K
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 2.2 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (31-31) OFF
A+: Fayatteville Woodpeckers (27-36) won 8-4 (BOX SCORE)
Rodriguez got the start and pitched really well going 6 innings and allowing just 1 run. Adams put the Woodpeckers on the board in the first inning with a 2 run HR, his 10th HR of the season. In the 5th, Shaver added a 2 run HR to make it 4-1. The Woodpeckers picked up 2 more runs in the 6th on a Valdez RBI double and Papierski RBI single. They would play add on getting a run in the 7th on an Adams RBI single and a run in the 8th on a De La Cruz sac fly. The bullpen allowed 3 runs but they were able to hold on for the 8-4 win.
Note: Rodriguez has a 2.28 ERA with 58 K in 55.1 innings this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, 3B: 1-for-4, 2 R, SB
- Colton Shaver, C: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Chandler Taylor, LF: 2-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, RBI
- Michael Papierski, DH: 2-for-3, RBI, BB
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Jacob Billingsley, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (39-21) lost 9-3 (BOX SCORE)
Ruppenthal started for Quad Cities and while he struck out 8, he allowed 4 runs in 4.1 innings. Nova put the River Bandits on the board with an RBI single in the first inning. Castro added a sac fly in the 3rd to make it 2-1. The Cougars put up 6 runs in the 5th and another 2 in the 9th as they won it 9-3.
Note: Adolph is hitting .314 over his last 10 games.
- Ross Adolph, CF: 2-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Michael Wielansky, 2B: 2-for-5, R
- Ruben Castro, C: 0-for-1, 2 RBI, BB
- Freudis Nova, SS: 1-for-4, RBI
- Wilyer Abreu, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Matt Ruppenthal, RHP: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 8 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Hunter Martin, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Carson LaRue (5.72 ERA) – 7:10 PM CT
FV: Luis Garcia (0.00 ERA) – 6:00 PM CT
QC: Jose Rivera (9.45 ERA) – 6:30 PM CT
**Photo Credit: Joe Dwyer**