Astros Minor League Recap: April 15th, 2018
Another day of minor league baseball in the books. See the results below.
Another good pitching performance for the Grizzles. Emanuel got the start and went 6 innings allowing just 1 hit and picking up 3 strikeouts. The game stayed scoreless until the 7th inning when Stubbs got Fresno on the board with an RBI single. Garcia followed the single with a 3 run HR to make it 4-0. Davis had an RBI single in the 8th for a little extra insurance. Guduan and Dorris both had scoreless outings in relief to seal the win.
Note: Ferguson is hitting .405 with .522 OBP in 10 games this season.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 1-for-3, BB
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 2-for-4, 2B
- Tyler White, 3B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Jon Kemmer, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B
- J.D. Davis, 1B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Alejandro Garcia, LF: 1-for-3, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 6.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Jacob Dorris, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (5-5) won 10-7 (BOX SCORE)
Crazy game in Corpus Christi last night. The Hooks jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the 2nd inning on a 2 run double from Ritchie and 2 run double from Birk. Arkansas scored 3 runs in the 5th and the Hooks responded with another run to make it 5-3. Hill entered the game in the 8th and allowed Arkansas to score 2 runs and tie it at 5. The game would go to extra innings with Arkansas picking up 1 run in the top of the 10th. Corpus Christi tied the game in the bottom of the inning on a Tanielu groundout. Arkansas once again scored a run in the 11th to take a 1 run lead. The Hooks didn’t go away though getting a Wrenn RBI single to tie it. The next batter, Yordan Alvarez, belted a 3 run walk-off HR to left center field to win it.
Note: Benedetti is hitting .333 with .471 OBP in 8 games this season.
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 2-for-6, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 1-for-5, R, RBI
- Carmen Benedetti, RF: 3-for-4, 2 R, BB, 2 SB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 1-for-6, R, HR, 3 RBI, SB
- Nick Tanielu, DH: 2-for-3, R, RBI, 2 BB
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 1-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Sean Stutzman, LHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Kevin Hill, RHP: 2.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (WIN)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (6-5) won 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
Back to back shutouts for Buies Creek. Corbin Martin made his second start on the season and was very good again tossing 6 shutout innings allowing just 1 run with 6 strikeouts. Dawson got the Astros on the board with a solo HR in the 3rd inning, his first HR of the season. In the 5th inning Buies Creek got RBI doubles from Robinson and McCormick to extend the lead to 3-0. Toro added a 2 run single in the 6th inning to make it 5-0. Sierra relieved Martin and closed the game with three shutout innings.
Note: Martin has allowed 3 hits in 10 IP with 13 strikeouts this season.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 3-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Josh Rojas, 2B: 1-for-3, R, 2 BB, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-3, 2 RBI, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, LF: 1-for-4, R
- Chas McCormick, RF: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- Kristian Trompiz, 1B: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Corbin Martin, RHP: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Carlos Sierra, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (2-5) POSTPONED
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Mike Hauschild (7.56 ERA)
CC: Cionel Perez (9.00 ERA)
BC: Abdiel Saldana (0.00 ERA)
**Photo Credit: Tammy Tucker**