Astros Minor League Playoff Recap: September 7th, 2017
The Quad Cities River Bandits are the only minor league team left in the playoffs, and they tied things up last night.
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (1-1) won 4-1 (BOX SCORE)
After dropping the first game of the series, Quad Cities battled back strong in game 2. Javier got the start and continued to build on his great season going 6 innings allowing just 1 run with 6 strikeouts. Quad Cities first got on the board in the 3rd inning on an RBI single from Moran.
After Peoria tied the game in the 4th, the River Bandits retook the lead on an Almonte RBI double and a sac fly from McCormick. Robinson added some insurance in the 6th with a lead-off HR to make it 4-1. Montano relieved Javier and threw 3 hitless innings with 4 strikeouts to pick up the save. Moran finished the night 3-for-3 with a double and walk.
Note: Including playoffs, Javier has 86 K in 66 IP with a 2.18 ERA this season.
- Chas McCormick, CF: 0-for-2, RBI, BB
- Colin Moran, 3B: 3-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- Evan Gattis, C: 0-for-4
- Chuckie Robinson, 1B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Raymond Henderson, 2B: 1-for-3, R
- Kristian Trompiz, SS: 1-for-4, R
- Marcos Almonte, LF: 3-for-3, R, 2B, RBI
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Salvador Montano, LHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (SAVE)
**Photo Credit: Richard Guill**