Astros MiLB Playoff Recap: River Bandits Win It All
Quad Cities rolled to another MWL Championship!
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (3-0) won 12-2 (BOX SCORE)
Blanco got the start in game 3 last night and pitched his best game of the season. He went 6.2 innings allowing just 4 hits and 0 runs while striking out 10 batters. Once again, the offense started out hot giving QC an early lead.
In the first inning they got 3 runs on a 2 run double from Sieber and a sac fly from Rojas. The River Bandits would add 6 runs in the 2nd inning, all coming with 2 outs. In that inning they got an RBI double from Robinson, Toro-Hernandez RBI double, bases loaded walks to Franco and Matijevic, and a 2 run single from Trompiz.
They continued to play add on getting another run in the 3rd on a Toro-Hernandez RBI single making it 10-0. Robinson capped the scoring off in the 5th blasting a 2 run HR to left field, his 2nd HR in 3 games this series.
Ramirez pitched in relief in of Blanco and was charged with 2 runs. Williams pitched two scoreless innings to close it out in a 12-2 win. The Quad Cities River Bandits are your Midwest League Champions!
Note: Moran is hitting .424 (14-for-33) in 9 playoff games.
- Chas McCormick, CF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Colin Moran, DH: 2-for-4, 2 R
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 4-for-5, 4 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Troy Sieber, 1B: 1-for-3, R, 2B, 2 BB, 2 RBI
- Abraham Toro-Hernandez, 2B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Josh Rojas, RF: 0-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 0-for-3, RBI, 2 BB
- Wander Franco, 3B: 0-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Kristian Trompiz, SS: 2-for-5, 2 RBI
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 6.2 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 10 K (WIN)
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Lucas Williams, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
**Photo Credit: Richard Guill**