Astros Minor League Recap: June 11th, 2017
Another day of baseball in the books. See how the teams and prospects performed in their games last night.
AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (30-33) won 11-5 (BOX SCORE)
Another big game for the Fresno offense. They didn’t wait long to get going scoring 6 runs in the first inning on a Moran 3 run double, Centeno RBI single, Hernandez RBI double, and Garcia RBI groundout. Hauschild was on the mound and struggled again allowing 5 runs in 5.2 innings.
Reed added some insurance in the 5th with a 3 run HR, his 11th on the season. Kemp joined the party in the 6th with a solo HR, his 3rd of the season. Moran capped off the scoring with a solo HR in the 9th, his 12th in 49 games. West, Tolliver, Comer, Guduan all had scoreless outings in relief.
Note: Moran has 12 HR, 41 RBI in 49 games this season.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Tyler White, SS: 2-for-4, BB
- Preston Tucker, LF: 0-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- Colin Moran, 3B: 2-for-4, 3 R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- A.J. Reed, 1B: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI
- Juan Centeno, C: 1-for-5, RBI
- Teoscar Hernandez, RF: 1-for-2, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
- Alejandro Garcia, CF: 0-for-4, RBI
- Mike Hauschild, RHP: 5.2 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Aaron West, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Ashur Tolliver, LHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Kevin Comer, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (30-32) lost 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
Winkelman got the start last night but last just 4.1 innings allowing 4 runs to score. Emanuel relieved Winkelman and had a solid outing going 3.2 scoreless innings with 0 BB/2 K. The Corpus offense was shut out until the 8th inning when they scored 1 run on a Michelena RBI single. They would get 1 more in the 9th with a run scoring on a double play but would fail to get anymore dropping this one 4-2.
Note: Emanuel has a 2.29 ERA with 5 BB/32 K over his last 35.1 innings.
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 1-for-4, R
- Jon Singleton, DH: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-4
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 1-for-4
- Jason Martin, LF: 1-for-3
- Bryan Muniz, 1B: 1-for-3
- Arturo Michelena, SS: 1-for-1, RBI
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 4.1 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 3.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (34-29) won 4-0 (BOX SCORE)
Buies Creek got a great start out of Franklin Perez last night. He tossed 5 shutout innings allowing just 2 hits with 6 strikeouts. The 19 year old has allowed just 14 hits in 29 innings this season. Buies Creek got on the board first in the 5th inning on a sac fly from Straw. Birk followed the sac fly with a 2 run HR, his 6th of the season, to make it 3-0. Straw provided some insurance with an RBI single in the 9th inning. Carr tossed 3 scoreless innings in relief and Hernandez had a scoreless 9th to close it out.
Note: Straw is hitting .405 with 7 RBI, 9 BB over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, CF: 2-for-3, 2 RBI, BB
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 2-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Anthony Hermelyn, C: 1-for-4, 2B
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 1-for-5
- Dexture McCall, DH: 1-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Pat Porter, LF: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Franklin Perez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Devon Carr, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (33-28) won 4-0 (BOX SCORE)
Whitley got the start yesterday and was solid tossing 4.2 hitless innings with 4 BB/7 K. Quad Cities got on the board in the first inning when Alvarez singled and Benedetti scored on an error. In the 5th inning, they got 2 more runs on a Cameron 2 run HR, his 5th HR of the season. His counting stats don’t look bad (10 2B, 3 3B, 5 HR, 13 SB) but the average and OPS is still down. Jones added a solo shot in the 7th to make it 4-0. Montano went 3.2 scoreless innings and Hill pitched a scoreless 9th to close it.
Note: Cameron is hitting .289 over his last 10 games.
- Carmen Benedetti, RF: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 1-for-4
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-3, R, RBI, 3 BB, SB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-4, R, HR. RBI
- Daz Cameron, CF: 1-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-4, R
- Forrest Whitley, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Salvador Montano, LHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Kevin Hill, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Rogelio Armenteros (1.60 ERA)
BC: Brett Adcock (6.17 ERA)
QC: Ronel Blanco (3.57 ERA)
**Photo Credit: Richard Guill**