Astros Minor League Recap: May 10th, 2017
Another day of baseball in the books. See how the teams and prospects performed in their games last night.
AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (13-20) OFF
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (15-17) OFF
A+: Buies Creek Astros (20-13) lost 7-2 (BOX SCORE)
Perez got the start last night and it went south wuick for him int he 2nd inning as he struggled with his command. He walked 5 allowing 5 runs, though just 1 earned, over 1.2 innings. Kessay and Hernandez were solid in relief but the offense struggled to score. Buies Creek got a run in the 1st inning on an RBI groundout by Tucker and another with Birk scoring in the 2nd.
Note: Martin is hitting .316 with 4 HR, 8 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Jason Martin, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 1-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Pat Porter, 1B: 1-for-3, BB
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 0-for-3, R
- Christian Correa, C: 3-for-4, 2B
- Hector Perez, RHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 5 R, 1 ER, 5 BB, 3 K
- Sebastian Kessay, LHP: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Elieser Hernandez, RHP: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
- Howie Brey, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (16-15) lost 10-2 (BOX SCORE)
Quad Cities got roughed up early yesterday. Perez got the start and after a rough start in his first start, a great start in his second, the third one didn’t go well. He allowed 6 runs over just 1.2 innings. Johnson got the River Bandits on the board with an RBI single in the 2nd inning. The only other run the River Bandits would score would be in the 6th when a run scored on an error making it 10-2. The bullpen got beat up pretty good too, though 2 errors didn’t help.
Note: Wrenn is hitting .333 over his last 10 games.
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 2-for-4, R, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 2-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Spencer Johnson, 1B: 2-for-4, RBI
- Chuckie Robinson, DH: 1-for-4, 2B
- Marcos Almonte, SS: 1-for-3, BB, SB
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 1.2 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Salvador Montano, LHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 3.1 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: David Paulino (-.– ERA)
CC: Kyle Smith (5.09 ERA)
QC: Forrest Whitley (3.60 ERA)
**Photo Credit: Richard Guill**