Astros Minor League Recap: April 25th, 2017
Another day of baseball in the books. See how the teams and prospects performed in their games last night.
AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (9-11) lost 9-7 (BOX SCORE)
Another tough loss for Fresno. Frias was on the mound and had another rough start allowing 5 runs over 5 innings. Fisher got the scoring started with a solo HR in the 2nd inning. In the 5th they got two more runs on a sac fly from Aplin and a Moran RBI double. Brignac added an RBI single in the 6th to make it 7-4. They continued to battle getting 3 runs in the 8th on an 2 run triple from Brignac and an RBI single from Aplin. Unfortunately, the bullpen couldn’t keep it close with Guduan and Diaz allowed 2 runs each.
Note: Tucker is hitting .369 with 2 HR, 13 RBI in 17 games.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 2-for-5, R, SB
- Derek Fisher, LF: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI
- Colin Moran, 3B: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- Preston Tucker, RF: 2-for-5, R
- Jon Kemmer, RF: 1-for-4
- Reid Brignac, SS: 2-for-4, R, 3B, 3 RBI
- Max Stassi, C: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, 2 BB
- Andrew Aplin, CF: 2-for-3, 2 RBI
- Edison Frias, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 0.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Dayan Diaz, RHP: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Jordan Jankowski, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (11-7) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Hooks get back in the win column. Deetz got the start for the Hooks and continued his dominant start to the season tossing 5 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts. Hooks got on the board first with a Singleton RBI double in the first inning. In the 3rd, Singleton added an RBI single to make it 2-0. Midland put up 3 runs on Emanuel in the 6th inning to take a 3-2 lead. In the bottom of the 7th, the Hooks rallied back tying the game on a Muniz solo HR. The game would stay scoreless until the 12th thanks to scoreless outings from Ferrell and Thome. In the bottom of the 12th, Laureano hit a walk-off solo HR to win it for the Hooks.
Note: After a slow start, Ferguson is up to .286 with 9 RBI in 16 games.
- Ramon Laureano, RF: 1-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Drew Ferguson, LF: 4-for-6, R, 2B, SB
- Jon Singleton, DH: 2-for-3, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB, SB
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 2-for-5, 2B
- Bryan Muniz, 1B: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Dean Deetz, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 2.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K (WIN)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (12-6) POSTPONED
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (10-9) lost 9-5 (BOX SCORE)
Hunt got the start for Quad Cities but struggled allowing 4 runs in 1.1 innings. In the bottom of the 4th, Dawson connected on a 2 run HR for Quad Cities, his 3rd HR of the season. Almonte added a 2 run single in the 7th to pull Quad Cities closer. The bullpen wasn’t very good allowing 5 runs in the remainder of the game.
Note: Dawson is hitting .341 with 3 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Alex DeGoti, 3B: 2-for-5, R
- Ronnie Dawson, LF: 2-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Marcos Almonte, SS: 2-for-2, R, RBI, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 0-for-4, RBI, BB
- Spencer Johnson, 1B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, BB
- Ray Henderson, 2B: 1-for-3, R
- Dustin Hunt, RHP: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Edgardo Sandoval, RHP: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Reggie Johnson, RHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Lucas Williams, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Rogelio Armenteros (0.61 ERA)
QC: Carson LaRue (1.20 ERA)
**Photo Credit: Tammy Tucker**