Astros Minor League Playoff Recap: September 11th
Lancaster is the last team standing. See how they performed last night.
A+: Lancaster Jethawks (1-1) lost 15-7 (BOX SCORE)
Lancaster falls in game two against High Desert. Bower got the start last night and allowed 7 runs over 4.2 innings of work. The Jethawks got the scoring started with a Sewald HR in the first inning. In the second inning, Martin added a solo HR to take a 2-1 lead. Muniz added a 2 run single in the 5th inning to tie the game at 4. Muniz now has 10 RBI in his last 4 games. Unfortunately, High Desert’s offense turned this one into a blowout taking a 15-4 lead. Martin and Sewald homered again in the 9th to make it 15-7 but that is all they would get.
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-5, 2 R
- Johnny Sewald, RF: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Bryan Muniz, 1B: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
- Jason Martin, LF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Matt Bower, LHP: 4.2 IP, 9 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
**Photo Credit: Ross Way Photography**